Our registration services meet the NCA’s prescribed requirements
The NCA prescribes specific requirements regarding the regulation of the consumer credit industry, through imposing specific registration and compliance requirements which include detailed forms, supporting documentation and procedures.
Recent changes to legislation have affected credit provider and reseller credit bureau applications. From November 2016, all credit providers (irrespective of the number of credit agreements or the debt book amount) are required to register with the NCR and from October 2016 any reseller or on-seller credit bureau also have the obligation to register with the NCR as a reseller credit bureau.
Our Services include:
New registration applications
Allowing Moonstone to assist you with your NCR registration will ensure that your application is completed with the help of NCA specialists. Our experience and understanding of the process will help to avoid unnecessary delays, providing you with more time to focus on developing your business.
We can assist the following registrants:
- Credit Provider (including Debt Collectors, Micro Lenders, Vehicle Financiers, etc.)
- Developmental Credit Providers
- Debt Counsellors
- Reseller Credit Bureaux
The registration process
During the internal phase, we will provide you with:
- Comprehensive guidance on the requirements and completion of the application forms, and supporting documentation.
- The required forms, supporting documentation and templates in an easily fillable format.
- Facilitation of the required criminal clearance reports and other verifications.
- Comprehensive review of the application before submission to the NCR.
The NCR will then evaluate your application as part of the external and final phase. During this period, it is not uncommon for the NCR to request further information from the applicant and we will gladly assist where we can to satisfy NCR queries as promptly as possible.